Clearly not a very well kept secret, the rumours of Lady Gaga coming to South Africa where going wild over social media, hitting a high point recently. When BIG concerts announced that there would be a BIG reveal on Monday, 18 June, the twitterverse went crazy with the rumours of Gaga’s tour.
We didn’t take this too seriously, we know rumours often lead nowhere, well Monday came and driving to work Gareth Cliff made the big announcement which just confirmed those rumours, that the meat wearing singer would be heading to our shores nearing the end of November and early December for two shows, Jo’burg and Cape Town for her Born This Way Ball Tour.
The concert tickets for the two shows, namely, Johannesburg (30 November at Soccer City) and Cape Town (3 December at Cape Town Stadium) will go on sale today at 9am through www.computicket.com. They will not be available anywhere other than the website until Thursday, 21 June, from what we have gathered, lets hope their servers can withstand the demand that is sure to ensue over the next few hours as Lady Gaga’s ‘little monsters’ attempt to get their tickets early.
Seated tickets start at R315 and all standing tickets R715. Exclusive Tour packages including Early Entry ‘Government Hooker’ and Hot Tickets ‘Highway Unicorn’ will also be available for sale from www.computicket.com.
Lady Gaga has accumulated over her career, 5 Grammy awards, 13 MTV awards, 23 million records sold, 64 million singles sold, 5 top 40 number 1 hits on 5FM. Not too bad i must admit.
Lady Gaga has also announced that she would be releasing the name of her upcoming new album in September.
Before reaching South Africa, Gaga will go past Australia, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, France, Spain, Sweden, Germany and the UK.
The SA leg of her tour will also include DJ and early collaborator Lady Starlight and British rockers The Darkness.
Further Information on Bookings as seen on Channel24.co.za
Booking for the event will open in 3 stages:
1. Public bookings for Johannesburg and Cape Town (internet only) opens at 09:00 on Tuesday, 19 June.
2. Public bookings for Johannesburg venue (Computicket outlets, call-centre and internet) opens at 09:00 on Thursday, 21 June.
3. Public bookings for Cape Town venue (Computicket outlets, call-centre and internet) opens at 09:00 on Friday, 22 June.
Important information when booking your ticket:
1. An online queuing system will be used for bookings informing customers of their position in the virtual queue.
2. You have 10 minutes to pay for your tickets once you have reached the front of the queue to prevent other customers holding on to quantities of tickets that they never end up paying for.
3. In order to protect user security while making payments, customers must be registered on theComputicket website in order to book and pay for tickets.
4. Tickets are limited to 8 per person for internet and call centre bookings, no limit through the stores.
5. Credit cards used for ticket payments must be 3D secure or Verified by Visa (this take’s place with individual banks) for a payment to be successfully processed
6. AMEX and Diners Club credit cards will not be accepted as per new policy, but can be used at the stores.
7. Customers making use of the print@home facility are advised to print their tickets at a later date to avoid delays due to high volumes of web traffic.